Susie Burrell’s Mini Cheese Pizzas
This is a featured post from Paediatric Dietitian and Nutritionist Susie Burrell, a proud mother of two and leading expert in early childhood nutrition.
Mini Cheese Pizzas are a fun mealtime option that you can make together with your little one. Including ham for protein and cheese for dairy – my mini pizzas are super simple to pull together and can be ready in under 15 minutes!
- 1 pack of mini wholemeal pizza pita pockets
- 4 teaspoons of salt reduced tomato paste
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 slices of lean ham (approximately 50 grams), finely sliced
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Line two baking trays with baking paper
- Distribute the pita pockets on the backing trays. Top each with one teaspoon of tomato paste and smear out evenly with the back of a spoon
- Top each pizza with tomato and sliced ham, before sprinkling with cheese
- Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes or until the cheese has begun to melt and the
- edges are beginning to brown and crisp
Notes / Tips
Age: for 12 months and above