Susie Burrell’s Chicken and Vegetable Mini Pot Pies
This is a featured post from Paediatric Dietitian and Nutritionist Susie Burrell, a proud mother of two and leading expert in early childhood nutrition.
12 mini pies
Chicken and Vegetable Mini Pot Pies offer a healthy twist to a traditional meal. With a mix of chicken, vegetable and puff pastry – these little pies offer a mix of important nutrients – and are perfect to cook on a cooler day.
- 1 sheet flat puff pastry
- 200g chicken breast (approx. 1 cup), boiled or grilled, and chopped
- 3 cups mixed chopped vegetables (carrots, peas, red capsicum and mushroom)
- 1/2 packet Spring Onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Mix the vegetables with soup mix and mayonnaise – then add the chopped chicken
- Place 2 tbsp. chicken and vegetable mix into individual muffin tins
- Top with a small square of pastry
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is browned
Notes / Tips
Age: for 12 months and above